Whether you are a brave commander who aims to wipe out all enemy forces, or a wise tactician who defeats your opponent through tactics and intrigue, the historic game of chess will surely make you sit on the edge of your chair. Your goal is to move your pieces to capture the king of your opponent. When the game starts, you will be given a chessboard with 64 squares, and each player will be assigned a set of pieces. Each set contains 1 king, 1 queen, 2 rooks, 2 bishops, 2 knights, and 8 pawns, making a total of 16 pieces. The two players will take turns to make their moves. Note that during your turn, you need to finish your moves within the time limit indicated by the timer on the left of the screen, or you will lose.
A pawn can only move forward. During its first move, it can choose to move 1 or 2 squares forward, given that both squares are unoccupied. After that it can move 1 square forward vertically to an empty square, or move 1 square forward diagonally to capture the opponent piece on that square. When an opponent's pawn makes its first move by taking 2 squares forward and it lands on a horizontally or vertically adjacent square with your pawn, you can capture that pawn immediately by moving your pawn 1 square forward diagonally. This move is called "en passant". If your pawn can reach the farthest row on your opponent's side, it will be "promoted" and transformed into a queen, a rook, a bishop or a knight of your choice. A rook can move and capture horizontally or vertically for any distance. A knight can move and capture by moving 2 squares horizontally and then 1 square vertically, or 2 squares vertically and then 1 square horizontally. It can leap over other pieces along its moving path and reach the destination. A bishop can move and capture diagonally for any distance. The queen can move and capture horizontally, vertically or diagonally for any distance. The king can move and capture 1 square in any direction. Once in every game, the king can perfo
» version 1.5.2 - posted on 2009-05-06
Added 9 languages
» version 1.0.0 - posted on 2009-05-06
EULA - End User License Agreement
MULTIPLAYER CHESS - PRODUCT LICENSE INFORMATION
NOTICE TO USERS: CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LEGAL AGREEMENT. USE OF THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT (THE "SOFTWARE") CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL AND/OR USE THIS SOFTWARE. USER'S USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS CONDITIONED UPON COMPLIANCE BY USER WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. LICENSE GRANT. Novel Games Limited grants you a license to use one copy of the version of this SOFTWARE on any one system for as many licenses as you purchase. "You" means the company, entity or individual whose funds are used to pay the license fee. "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the SOFTWARE. You may not modify the SOFTWARE or disable any licensing or control features of the SOFTWARE except as an intended part of the SOFTWARE's programming features. This license is not transferable to any other system, or to another organization or individual. You are expected to use the SOFTWARE on your system and to thoroughly evaluate its usefulness and functionality before making a purchase. This "try before you buy" approach is the ultimate guarantee that the SOFTWARE will perform to your satisfaction; therefore, you understand and agree that there is no refund policy for any purchase of the SOFTWARE.
2. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by Novel Games Limited. Your license confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE .
3. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by Hong Kong copyright law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of Novel Games Limited and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
4. REVERSE ENGINEERING. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
5. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. NOVEL GAMES LIMITED DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE IS ERROR FREE. NOVEL GAMES LIMITED DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
6. SEVERABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.
7. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL NOVEL GAMES LIMITED OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF NOVEL GAMES LIMITED HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL NOVEL GAMES LIMITED'S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU, IF ANY.
8. GOVERNING LAW. This license will be governed by the laws of Hong Kong and international treaties.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This is the entire agreement between you and Novel Games Limited which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license.